- RSS Channel Showcase 1038066
- RSS Channel Showcase 8017787
- RSS Channel Showcase 7102907
- RSS Channel Showcase 5063695
Articles on this Page
- 11/29/16--09:27: _The US election: Re...
- 12/01/16--11:47: _OPEC production cut...
- 12/02/16--08:27: _Morningstar introdu...
- 12/13/16--14:20: _Real assets: Prices...
- 01/03/17--07:18: _Video: Are returns ...
- 01/04/17--09:01: _What may be in stor...
- 01/09/17--07:20: _Video: Looking for ...
- 01/10/17--14:33: _Video: Searching fo...
- 01/13/17--07:43: _Video: How does a h...
- 01/20/17--08:03: _Video: What can lon...
- 01/23/17--12:24: _Infrastructure inve...
- 01/31/17--09:48: _Alternative strateg...
- 03/30/17--09:20: _In an online world,...
- 05/25/17--07:45: _Private equity: Wha...
- 08/09/17--08:02: _What are alternativ...
- 08/16/17--08:28: _Why invest in alter...
- 11/29/16--09:27: The US election: Real estate implications of a Trump victory
- 12/01/16--11:47: OPEC production cut bodes well for oil prices, E&P firms
- 01/04/17--09:01: What may be in store for alternatives in 2017?
- 01/13/17--07:43: Video: How does a high-conviction approach translate to commodities?
- 01/20/17--08:03: Video: What can long and short equities do for your portfolio?
- 01/23/17--12:24: Infrastructure investing: From concrete to computer chips
- 03/30/17--09:20: In an online world, do malls matter?
- 05/25/17--07:45: Private equity: What investors need to know
- 08/09/17--08:02: What are alternative investments?
- 08/16/17--08:28: Why invest in alternatives?
President-elect Donald Trump’s proposed policies represent a potentially sharp departure from the current policies of the Obama administration. As a result, investors are contemplating what the Trump presidency will mean for the direction of the US economy, as well as the subsequent implications for real estate markets. While we are unlikely to gain clarity on […]
On Nov. 30, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reached an agreement to cut its crude oil output, marking the group’s first production cut in eight years. The details are still emerging, but key aspects1 include: A cut of 1.2 million barrels per day (MMbls/d) from OPEC members, which would bring the group’s production […]
As Invesco’s Alternatives Investment Strategist, one of my biggest areas of focus is educating people about alternatives. Based on my conversations with investors, its clear alternatives are an ongoing source of confusion for many. That’s why I was pleased to see that Morningstar has introduced a new alternatives tool1 to help investors better understand the […]
Investors have been drawn to real assets in general and to real estate in particular due to the comparative stability and attractiveness of their income returns and the prospects for growth. A recent heightening of capital market, political and geopolitical risk levels has resulted in a less certain outlook for investment assets broadly, including real […]
Invesco Balanced-Risk Allocation Fund is an actively managed portfolio of strategically weighted stocks, bonds and commodities selected on the basis of their long-term return prospects, diversification potential and liquidity. In the video below, I discuss our strategy’s three goals to provide return potential and help defend against the type of significant losses that can derail […]
As we enter 2017, there is a long list of issues that could affect alternative investments: policy changes in the US, elections in Europe, rising rate expectations and more. Given this changing landscape, I would like to highlight some alternative investments that I believe have the potential to benefit investors in the new year. In […]
Invesco All Cap Market Neutral is a high-conviction strategy that seeks to minimize investors’ exposure to market movements, and deliver returns that are generated from our stock selection ability. We believe this type of strategy helps to reduce equity market volatility, which is a concern for many investors. In this video, I outline several aspects of […]
I like to say that a high-conviction approach means investing in ideas — ideas that span locations, currencies, asset classes and market sectors. This priority on ideas over assets informed the creation of Invesco Global Targeted Returns, a strategy comprising 20 to 30 long-term investment ideas within one risk-managed fund. By finding independent sources of […]
Many investors include commodities in their portfolio in an effort to hedge against inflation — but can they offer investors attractive long-term returns as well? We believe that potential exists, but it requires a deep understanding of each type of commodity, as well as a sharp focus on risk management. Invesco Balanced-Risk Commodity Strategy Fund […]
A “long” position in a stock is designed to benefit when that stock’s price rises, while a “short” position is designed to benefit when a stock’s price falls. By including both types of positions in Invesco Long/Short Equity Fund, we seek to achieve positive returns in a variety of market conditions. In the video below, […]
Nov. 9, 2016, was not only the day Donald Trump won the presidency; it was also the day that investors’ interest in infrastructure investments was reborn. Since President Trump was elected, expectations for a rebound in infrastructure spending have reached heights not seen in some time. Given President Trump’s purported $1 trillion infrastructure plan, there […]
When I joined Invesco in 2014 and started blogging about alternatives, alternative investment strategies were fairly new to individual investors; most of these mutual funds had track records of less than three years. At that time, many people didn’t know what to expect from this asset class, which gives investors exposure to a broad range […]
For decades, real estate watchers have periodically claimed that suburban shopping malls are dying. Catalogs and TV shopping channels have been seen as serious threats — yet the mall has remained a suburban staple. Today, as online shopping dominates the market and high-profile department stores experience closures and bankruptcies, we’re hearing this familiar refrain once […]
While private equity funds are currently off limits to retail investors, many large firms in the industry are seeking ways to include private equity exposure in 401(k) accounts and target date funds.1 Providing retail investors with private equity fund options would be a welcome development, in my view, potentially enhancing their ability to build effective […]
Most will agree that one of the least enjoyable summer traditions is summer school. I got a vivid reminder of this the other day when I put my youngest son on the bus for his summer classes, then had flashbacks to my own summer before 9th grade when I did the same thing. But while […]
As highlighted in my previous blog, What are alternative investments, I’m embracing the spirit of summer school with a series of four blogs reviewing the basics of alternative investments. Part 1 explained what alternative investments are. In this installment, I explore why an investor should consider investing in alternatives. Why use alternatives? Like stocks and […]